Where Are We...?
House Island is located in Portland Harbor, less than 2 miles from the city's waterfront, with an unobstructed view of the city. Sit back and relax as you watch tankers from foreign ports, multi-million dollar yachts, down to one man kayaks ply the protected waters of Portland Harbor.
Who Are We...?
We are a family business, oriented to tourism, area conventions, weddings, and educational programs. This private, prompt, and pleasing service has been serving the area for over 50 years..... Groups under 20 to over 1200.
What We Do Offer...?
1. Your group can have exclusive use of our privately owned island. We are the one who can offer you a truely private island party....plus a Civil War fort to tour...and all at your requested time.
2. Narrated cruises on Casco Bay aboard USCG inspected vessels for your safety afloat.
3. Tour our authentic Civil War fort with a competent guide.
4. Inside dining rooms, large open deck, picnic tables, shoreside, or your favorite rock.
5. Large tent cover, tables, chairs, and fireworks can all be arranged.
6. Complete planned tours and group activities may be arranged for your group.
What is our specialty...?
Lobster Bakes on House Island are a "Shore" thing and every meal is a very special event. Your tray is adequate to carry your food to your favorite spot...We make dining out on House Island an all-out event...The clubhouse rooms are heated when needed.
Walk through history with our knowledgable guides in an authentic Civil War Fort.
We offer these tours every Tuesday & Thursday, 9:30-11:30am & 1-3:00pm.
Click here for tour information
Schools Field Trips?
We've Got That Covered Too!
Click Here For More Information
Click Here to leave us a comment on what you thought.